Thursday, March 31, 2011

Large Marge

Dear Margie's, (Camp Bowie West)

Can your hole-in-the-wall charm go too far in hurting my dining experience? It's a close one. But you have passed. With a D. And D stands for diploma. Sitting in those round booths made me feel as comfortable as an alter boy sitting on a Catholic priest's lap. If you shift out of the way of a broken spring you fall into the grand canyon. So, this got me thinking, "Could the owners just be using this hole-in-the-wall schtick as an excuse to not have to fix things?"  The wait staff looks like the leper colony of people at your local DMV.
This goes to show you that good food can make these things tolerable. I had the spaghetti with fra diavolo marinara with side salad. The portion size is amazing, and the salad dressing was generous.  They filled my bowl with lots of onions and peppers and I was satisfied. The lobster au gratin dip is a must. A cheese filled bowl with chunks of lobster and a loaf of soft slightly toasted french bread to dip. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy rough places to eat and street vendors serve amazing cuisine.
Side note- I just heard of a kick ass food truck outside of Baylor All Saints that serves grilled cheese with bacon. the Ninja will attack soon.
But, I feel Margies uses its rough exterior to get away with laziness of repairs and proper wait staff. For now you get a pass, but the Ninja never forgets. Food is still great but fix the damn booths.


3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment